The API casing is usually used for the borehole wall support in the drilling as well as after the completion of a well, so as to make sure the smooth running of the drilling process and also the normal procedure of the whole oil well after well completion. As a result of the advancement in recent years, making use of the product is much more substantial. It is generally utilized in oil, gas, thermal electrical power generation, as well as other sectors.
The casing pipe generally makes use of smooth steel pipeline as the raw product. Some large diameter and special wall thickness items make use of straight seam pipeline as the pipeline body. The body should be processed with screw strings at both ends. One end is linked to the combining, while the other end is equipped with the string protector. Thread as well as coupling link are used between the casings. In addition, the pipe body of various steel qualities should correspond to different couplings.
Production criterion: API Spec 5CT
Some details about the casing
1. Steel quality ：J55, K55, L80, N80, P110
2. External size ：4 1/2″, 5″, 5 1/2″, 6 5/8″, 7″, 7 5/8″, 9 5/8″, 10 3/4″, 13 3/8″, 16″, 18 5/8″, 20″
3. Wall density ：5.21 – 16.13 mm
4. Thread kind ：SC( Short round string), LC( Long round thread), BC( Buttress string).
5. Length ：R1( 4.88-7.62 m), R2( 7.62-10.36 m), R3( 10.36-14.63 m).